DEI Credit-Eligible Events Open to All COM - T
To schedule a departmental training or a Spark Lecture please contact Yvette Corral at email@example.com
Thursday, Oct. 14, 2021 11:00 - 12:00 PM Location: Zoom
DEI Training: Implicit Bias and Interviews
This one-hour presentation reviews biases that may influence how candidates are evaluated during an interview. It also reviews self-presentation tactics as well as strategies to reduce the effects of biases. Ideal for admissions and admissions committees.
Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2021 11:00 - 12:30 PM Location: Zoom
DEI Training: Everyday Bias for the Healthcare Professionals
Developed by Cook Ross and the Association of American Medical Colleges, this training gives participants a deeper understanding of unconscious bias, and how it develops, influences perceptions and decision-making, and impacts institutional diversity and inclusion efforts. Ideal for all students, residents/fellows, faculty, and staff.
Friday, Oct. 29, 2021 8:00 - 9:00 AM Location: TBA
SPARK Lecture: How Diversity Matters for Health
- Identify historical and social factors contributing to racial and ethnic health disparities.
- Recognize how implicit bias affects patient outcomes.
- Describe how practitioners and communities can reduce health disparities.
Tueday, Nov. 16, 2021 12:00 - 1:00 PM Location: Webinar
Spark Lecture: Webinar: DEI Leadership in the Life Sciences and Virtual Care
- Identify the federal laws and regulations that support diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Describe the barriers to telehealth accessibility and apply examples from different jurisdictions in the US and abroad to address those barriers.
- Articulate examples of leadership strategies to overcome biases and successfully incorporate DEI in hiring and retention, in participant recruitment for clinical trials, and in the delivery of virtual care.
Friday, Nov. 19, 2021 12:00 - 1:00 PM Location: Zoom
DEI Training: Inclusive Websites
This training reviews the importance of appealing to a diverse audience through your website. It also reviews elements to include in your website to attract a diverse audience.
Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021 2:00 - 3:00 PM Location: Zoom
DEI Training: Microaggressions
This training reviews microaggressions as a form of unconscious bias and discusses strategies to combat the effects of microaggressions. Ideal for all students, residents/fellows, faculty, and staff.
Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2021 12:00 - 1:00 PM Location: TBA
SPARK Lecture: Health Disparity in Asthma Care - A School Centered Approach to Improve Outcomes
Learning Ojectives - The learner will :
Understand health disparities in asthma care.
Be able to summarize the development of the Colorado school-centered asthma program.
Be able to discuss key elements in developing partnerships and the collaboration necessary for a successful program.
Understand how social determinants of health are being assessed and managed in the University of Colorado Breathing Institute program.
Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2021 8:00 - 9:00 AM Location: Zoom
DEI Training: Unconscious Bias for Search Committees
This presentation is designed to acquaint search committees and others with research on unconscious bias as an initial step in mitigating its effects in the recruitment process. Ideal for search committee members.