Transparency & Accountability
Anti-Racism in Medicine Sub-Committee
- To select and analyze meaningful metrics; Work with other subcommittees to determine metrics or KPIs to assess progress towards goal(s).
- Determine/implement an accountability process that ensures transparency across the work of the workgroup.
- Promote transparency in URM COMT class profile, resident and faculty profiles.
- Work with ODEI to develop and implement a system to hold departments and offices accountable for promoting diversity, equity and inclusion.
Co-Chairs: Mr. Henry Chinyere
Committee Member: Hamza Ghannam
Short Term Actions/Accomplishments
- Create Template phase 1
- Populate website with info from template on charge, initiatives, lead, actions, metrics so that larger community is aware
- Develop evaluation plan and timeline
- Evaluate based on charge
- Evaluate base on committee’s chosen metrics of success
- TrAcc Suggestion Box
- Aid focus on groups’ charge and communication between groups; Help to narrowing scope or collaborate
- Create liaison system
- Develop and distribute TrAcc tips and guides
- Aid groups towards their charge and individualized metrics of success
- Gather data to create profiles
Long Term Actions/Accomplishments
- Create visualization of metrics: recognizing committees/departments/units for efforts towards diversity, equity, & inclusion
- Recognize individuals who have served and what they accomplished
- Complete 1st phase guidebook
- Complete evaluation of committee’s efforts, successes, and challenges
- Create list of recommendations based on committees’ findings and challenges
- Recommendation of record keeping of disciplinary action including power dynamics, demographic groups, retaliation, etc.
- Create and display UME, GME, & Faculty Profile based on available data